1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

black gaint or ba?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mom wewantchicks!, May 3, 2009.

1. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    this is one of the two babies i got at tsc,for a dollar. i emailed ideal and asked if they could help id them.they say these chicks could be black gaints,or ba. im leaning toward the gaints,because i have 2 ba and they dont really look the same. so if they are black gaints,how are these birds? all of our chicks are pets,but im just wondering if since i read they mature slower about how long until they lay? also if anyone has any pics of grown birds we would love to see them. so what do you all think,gaint or ba?
    [​IMG]

2. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    I rule out Australorp because it's legs are not green.

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Perhaps a JG, but the legs aren't quite right.

4. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    I would think a blue or splash giant but the legs usually have some black on them. check out giants on feathersite.com

5. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    Quote:i just ran in and checked the legs,because i could have swore they had balck on them. well i have 2 of this chicks,1 has a lot of black on the legs and the one in the pic has some,but on the leg in the pic,its more at the top of the leg,if that helps any.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by