black giants, australorps, minorca pullets-same age-how to tell apart?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pinkyglory123, May 29, 2011.

1. pinkyglory123

pinkyglory123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Have several breeds of black pullets. All are 4-5 weeks old. It is time to move the fully feathered youngsters to their new homes. Problem is-at this age how do I tell the black minorcas, black australorps and black giants apart? They are all so...........well black! actually I only really need to be able to tell the giants from the others-the others go to the same place. the giants are mine. any hints?

2. Minorcas have big white earlobes

Australorps and Giants are hard to tell apart, but the bottom of their feet are different colors. i can't exactly remeber which was which color, but i think the giants have pink on the bottom of their feet and australorps have yellow.

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Giants have yellow on the bottoms of their feet & Australorps have pink/white. Australorps also have very dark eyes, I think.

4. pinkyglory123

pinkyglory123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    should the "feet bottoms" and white earlobe be apparent at four weeks? Actually the feet bottoms are the most important because the giants will be mine![​IMG] L

5. Quote:i don't think the earlobes are very apparent at 4 weeks, but i'm not sure.

6. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    The Black Minorcas will tend to be more slender, flighty, and have large flesh-colored combs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by