1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

black head, brown wings out lined in black

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NorthernMama, Apr 10, 2012.

1. NorthernMama

NorthernMama Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]
    We came across this cutie of a hen at the petting zoo put on at our Easter Egg hunt. She's very tiny but I couldn't find her breed anywhere. Her small size made her an ideal choice as a breed to have for our smaller space _ could someone define her for me please?

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Bantam Golden Laced Wyandotte or Golden Sebright.[​IMG]Just guessing.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  3. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    It's hard to tell from the pic, but I believe I sea a rose or pea comb. That would lead me to believe it's a bantam gold laced Wyandotte. If you are just starting out in chickens, you can also get a bantam gold laced Cochin. They're fluffy, small, cute, and super docile. Hatchery produced Wyandottes tend to be testy, imo.

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    its a seabright if im seeing the comb correctly...can you get a closer shot of her and her comb

5. Bantam golden sebright!! I love mine!

6. NorthernMama

NorthernMama Out Of The Brooder

She wasn't mine, just one of the gals they had there at the petting zoo that I thought might make a nice addition, the rep didn't know either remarking "its just a chicken" *roll eyes* I thought it might be a sea-bright but wasn't terribly sure. The comb was just a small one. I went back to check my other photos, but they're all face on, no side views where it was more visible.

7. Nsampsel

Nsampsel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2012
    East Central Ohio
    Looks like a Golden Seabright to me. I have 2 but mine are still just chicks & are still feathering in. My Silver Seabright that is about 6-7 weeks older looks a lot like that except it's white where this one is gold.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by