Black Jersey Giants-Minnesota

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Minniechickmama, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black Bart and his girls have been sharing quarters since I tested them in April. I am only selling the Black hens (2) and the roo. I also have a 2-month old pair which are their offspring in the brooder pen I would let go for an additional price.
    These are NOT SQ but they lay very well and are good temperament. I have to cut a couple of breeds out now since I only have a limited number of breeding pens going into winter and I am trying to keep higher end stock for breeding. I love the breed for their size and gentle nature and would keep them if I had room.
    Part of the reason that they were separated into their own pen was for the roos protection, all the others beat him up because he is that non-aggressive.

This is PICK UP ONLY. I could meet part way depending on where you would be coming from and so forth.
    I am in Zumbrota.

Theri

2. Lofty Dreams

Lofty Dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    Hi I'm looking for some more Jersey Giants, [mine are closly related] and I was Wondering . . .
    Can I see a picture of the ofspring?
    and
    What Strain are they from?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  3. Minniechickmama

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Lofty -
    These are from Sand Hill Preservation in Iowa. I know that the Whites they have were from Golda Miller, but I don't know on the Blacks. As I stated previously, I would not consider these SQ birds, but they are good sized and hardy. I will have to work on getting some pictures. They are free ranging by day and pile together at night, so it will be a challenge [​IMG] They have good size, that is for sure. I do have a younger pair (hatched first week in September), and they are pretty good looking so far. The pullet will have a large comb like a roo, in fact, thought I had 2 cockerels until the last week or so.
    I am 25-miles north of Rochester.
    Also, they are going through molt, so they are looking rough. They are beautiful when feathered out though. The roo is a good boy and has never shown ANY aggression toward me, and I don't think he has been rough with the girls either other than when he was too young to know what he was supposed to do. He keeps a good lookout for danger too, and sometimes in the first one to send out the warning call, even though he is penned and there are several other boys in the yard who aren't. If I had room to have another breed, these would be staying.

4. Lofty Dreams

Lofty Dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Minnesota
  5. Minniechickmama

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Yes, I have the last two additions of the SOP, but thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by