Black laced Red X silver laced?

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the SOP' started by Tiana's chickens, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Tiana's chickens

Tiana's chickens Songster

Dec 7, 2017
    Just wondering what the resulting chickens will look like if I breed my Black laced red Wyandotte rooster with my silver laced hens?
    Thanks in advance :)

IMG_2798.JPG IMG_2284.JPG IMG_3172.JPG

2. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Crossing the Road

Jun 23, 2013
    The Big Island/Hawaii
    :pop

Tiana's chickens likes this.
  3. Tiana's chickens

Dec 7, 2017
    Anyone? :)

4. ByrdFeathers

ByrdFeathers Songster

Jan 8, 2018
    Bruce, FL
    No idea but would love to see

5. Tiana's chickens

Dec 7, 2017
    Me too, I'm super keen to breed them just to see how it looks. I could only find one person saying what a black laced red roo cross silver laced would breed and all they said was the result would be silver laced hens.
    But that leaves me wondering what the roosters would look like and surely the hens wouldn't look the as regular silver laces? Maybe a bit of red leakage? or some gold laced black chickens? I'm super curious haha

6. Jetblack2004

Jetblack2004 Free Ranging

Feb 22, 2016
    South East England
    My Coop
    I expect the outcome would be a brown/black chick but I'm not sure. Would be nice to see what happens:thumbsup

7. Swastik Choudhari

Swastik Choudhari Songster

Feb 23, 2018
    I guess they will be some silver laced some brown laced some silver with brown lickage..good luck..when they hatch keep update.!

8. JedJackson

JedJackson Crossing the Road

Jul 6, 2016
    NW Washington state
    You'd get sex linked chicks. Black laced red hens, silver laced roosters. The shades might be off a little and there'd probably be red leakage in the silvers.

gladahmae and Tiana's chickens like this.
  9. ByrdFeathers

ByrdFeathers Songster

Jan 8, 2018
    Bruce, FL
    I thought I thought about getting a couple golden laced hens to breed with my blue laced red roo jus for kicks wonder what they would look like.

10. nicalandia

nicalandia Crowing

Jul 16, 2009
    Sex links... both will keep the laced patterns, the Pullets from that cross will be Black Laced Red Wyandotte and the Cockeres will hatch like your regular Silver Laced Wyandotted chicks(Silver is completely dominant to gold, S/s+ at hatch and before puberty kicks in) when the cockerels get older their hackle, saddle and shoulder feathers will show red leakage in shoulders, the hackle will be mostly a lemon color and saddle may a combination of lemon and shades of orange/red, their breast will remain Silver colored

for example

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Male chicks will look like this

[​IMG]

Female chicks will look like this
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: