Black Langshan eggs or chicks....

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenlisa, Jul 28, 2008.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm in Northwestern NJ and would like to find eggs or chicks from some nice big Black Langshans. I saw the hugest Rooster I've ever seen at our County Fair last night. What a gorgeous Roo- so shiny black and his Comb and wattles such a bright red color- simply gorgeous!
    I want a few now myself. I can hatch the eggs or be happy with a few chicks...either way.
    Let me know?
    Lisa

2. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Hey Lisa...I was looking for these earlier in the season and didn't have much luck. I did find a breeder out in OK that would ship eggs (not sure a/b chicks) but he was expensive, although I believe his birds are very nice. I think he was asking 55 dollars a dz. for eggs. I also know someone in VA that will have them next season. If you find anyone else, let me know, as I would be interested, as well. If you want the man's email in OK, I can look it up, as well. Let me know...

Leah

3. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
  4. scbirdfarm

scbirdfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Maria Stein, OH 45860
    Hi, Kelly

I have Black Langshans from Forest Bruford Bloodline. I will sell the eggs for $1.50 a egg and the cost of shipping is $12.95.

Terry

5. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    This is Lisa, and please forgive me, but what is the Forest Bruford bloodline? Do you have pics or more info? Thanks
    Lisa

6. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Yeah! Post some pics, please!!!

Leah

7. mthrclckr

mthrclckr Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area, CA
    I *think* that's supposed to be "Forrest Beauford." If you go to Feathersite and look at the Langshans section, they show a beautiful rooster (unfortunately, the quality of the photo doesn't look that great) with Forrest Beauford, although most of his (Forrest's) head is cut off [​IMG] .

-Naomi

8. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Yes these are some Beautiful birds... i just might have to hatch me some out [​IMG]

Here are some pics i found of the breed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. scbirdfarm

scbirdfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Maria Stein, OH 45860
    I will take some pictures and post them for you....

10. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    I didn't see any on eggbid... will keep looking and go look at that feathersite....thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by