Black, Lavender and White Orp PICs

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
Here are some random pics of some of our other colored Orpingtons. Enjoy!

Couple black pullets:

036-1.jpg

The "Boss", who wishes he was with them:

037.jpg

040.jpg

"Elvis" and "The Boss" with lavender girls:

090.jpg

088.jpg

White Orps (Winter, Frosty and Snowball):

002.jpg

003.jpg

I think we're close to the rainbow when it comes to orps here. lol I do sometimes have extra eggs available, but only in small quantities if you're interested. Send me a PM. I'm glad you like them.

You've done a wonderful job with the type on those lavenders. So many people get a new color of a breed, and just breed for color. You've improved your type amazingly. I dont think theres any mistaking that those are orpingtons, You've obviously been very careful to breed for type as well as color, and it shows. Great job.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
It's called patience in breeding of type and standard.

I have some my Lavender pullets in with an exhibition Black Orp rooster too now Jody! Waiting for eggies!!! The exhibition Black pullets are in with a handsome Lavender man
wink.png

halo, thanks so much for noticing our efforts. We knew it would take lots of patience and heavy culling. The next run on these black orp boys will add some final touches, I believe. Only time will tell. I have my first split chicks coming from my black boys over the lavender girls and am looking forward to growing out their babies.
jumpy.gif

Sandy, I'll keep my fingers crossed for eggies for you soon.
fl.gif
I know you are working hard with yours as well and it is showing. Thanks for taking on this project (and the patience in developing them) with us.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom