Black Maran pullet is picking at herself

farmermurphy

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2016
I have a three month old pullet that has picked a huge sore on her upper leg. It is not bleeding, but looks bad. She is the one the has been picked on by flock, by now is picking at herself. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a three month old pullet that has picked a huge sore on her upper leg. It is not bleeding, but looks bad. She is the one the has been picked on by flock, by now is picking at herself. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If it is bleeding she will continue to peck. Buy some Blue kote spray at a livestock store
Stress can also cause then to peck themselves. I had an Orpington last year that pecked a big hole on her side till I discovered it and put on the blue kote. Chickens love blood and the colour red.

If it is bleeding she will continue to peck. Buy some Blue kote spray at a livestock store.Stress can also cause then to peck themselves. Chickens love blood and the color red.
X2 She is likely picking at the color, so the Blu-Kote will conceal it and allow it to heal. Good luck!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom