Black Minorca Rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chiknwhisperer, Jun 27, 2008.

1. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    [​IMG]

These are my black minorca chicks that are 7 weeks old. Can you help figure out if I have a roo. I know pullets get real big combs that fall over. But the one hasn't developed much at all. They are supposed to be pullets but you never know. And the one kindda acts like my other roo. Please help.

2. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    You got yourself a pair Male/Female

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

at 7 wks. with a comb like that, I think that one HAS to be a roo...

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I agree!

5. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    [​IMG]
    I figured they were a pair but I wanted to get another opinoin on it. I seem to how to pick roosters [​IMG] My DH well never let me hand pick chicks lol. I can just imagine the things he will say when he finds out I have another roo. My other roo is so happy he crows all day long it seems. Hubby has had to accept that he is stuck with crowing since I can't come up with a muzzle. WOW I must really like roosters.
    Thanks everyone for your help.

6. fowlafoot

fowlafoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Midwest
    Definately a hen and rooster but they should make a beautiful pair! I've noticed that my roosters are much more likely to run right up when I put my hand into their brood box so I think they are easier to pick if you are buying from a feed store or anywhere you get to reach in and grab them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by