black on bottom of wattle... *pics*

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kleinheksel farm, Aug 6, 2011.

1. kleinheksel farm

kleinheksel farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
    Holland, MI
    My rooster, Victor, is a barred rock... about 5 months old. the other day i noticed this black on his wattle... nothing really on his comb at all, just the wattle. i searched on here and saw some pics of some bird pox or something, but those pics looked like raised bumps. his just looks crusty and black. hopefully it will just get better on it's own, but here are some pics. let me know if there is any further action i should take!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ISN'T HE BEAUTIFUL?!! i'm so proud of my Victor [​IMG]

2. kleinheksel farm

kleinheksel farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
    Holland, MI
    just realized i was in the wrong section... how do i move/delete this?

3. jomoncon

jomoncon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Probably one of the monitors will move it.

My hens just got over fowl pox. But you're right, this doesn't quite look like what mine had.

4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    You can click to report button and request it be removed. [​IMG] BTW it looks like your roo just scraped himself. It will heal in a week or so. [​IMG]

5. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    Looks like blood to me,maybe hen got in scrape with another. I got a White Rock roo and just lets the hens peck his comb til he bleeds. I know he was not the smartest thing but just stand there?

6. Gersbud

Gersbud Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Central Michigan
    Yep I am with everyone else. Looks like he just got a scratch or scrap. He just has a small ouchie. And bye the way He is BEAUTIFUL. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by