Black or blue silkie roo.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Momma 2 silkies, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Momma 2 silkies

Momma 2 silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2012
    I just recently bought a trio of silkies, 2 black pullets and a roo. I don't know if he is black or blue. I was told he was black but his under fluff is a blue tint and he has silver in his hackle feathers. Is he blue or can he really be black. He is a year old and none of my girls are breeding age yet but close. Does anyone have any guesses or will I have to wait and see what color chicks he produces from my black girls to be sure? Here is a picture of him and my black girls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MamaRudey

MamaRudey Chillin' With My Peeps

He looks blue to me. :)

3. Fur & Feathers

Fur & Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    cheshire
    My Coop
    another vote for blue here.
    what colours were his mum and dad?
    for example,blue mum and blue dad wont produce a pure blue they woud be partly black and partly splash [random splashes of black] as well.
    the cochins of mine are all blue/blue plus splash plus black/just splash.

he looks like a lovely lad,hope he is looking after his girls well. [​IMG]

4. Momma 2 silkies

Momma 2 silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2012
    I'm not sure what color his parents were. I bought him from an older man and his daughter ordered them fro somewhere in Texas. I have him with black and blue girls, so we will see what he produces when my girls start laying. He is very protective of his girls. I have 3 roos with 10 girls and 2 of the roos were here before but MJ, the 1 in the picture is older and has taken over as head roo. I have a red partridge roo and a nice Colombian roo. My colombian and the new guy are my favorites, might re home the partridge.[​IMG] This is Animal

[​IMG] This is Sam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by