Black or Lavender Ameraucanas Cockerel/Rooster

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by AHappychick, Mar 14, 2013.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I have a beautiful Lavender Ameraucanas LF Rooster available (almost 2 years old great breeder) and a young 7 month old black lav split Ameraucanas Cockerel available.

The Lav is from J.B. line and I would like $30 obo the Black lav split is a fall hatchling with a nice green sheen to his feathers that hatched from a very blue egg $20 obo.

Both pick up from NY or shipping is available New Horizon box is $12 and shipping will be determained once I know the destination but on average express shipping is about $45

Both have been raised on Organic feed and free range on land that uses only sustainable methods

2. RyanFunFarm

RyanFunFarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2013
    New England, USA
    Beautiful roos! Are they gentle, ok around ppl? How do you think free rangers like this would adapt to coop, run & med backyard life?

3. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    yes they are friendly or at the least nonagressive (I have had ones that are really pets, these 2 are more aloof but never bother anyone or are bothered by me picking up the hens or cleaning the copp or anything like that). I have a 7 year old son and a 2 year old girl around them all the time. Depending on the season these guys freerange or are in their run with coop so they are quiet used to both. I have a ton of hawks so in the fall when they are hunting everywhere I have to keep the birds from freeranging unless I am out with them. Also they stay in their coop and run when there is snow on the ground.

4. Country Chick

Country Chick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2011
    Gibsonia, PA
    Hello,

I was wondering if you still have the black cockerel?

5. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    yes I do pM ing you :)

6. lordlucille

lordlucille Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2014
    new york
    Do you have any hens available?

7. mikala06

mikala06 New Egg

Feb 19, 2017
    I'm interested in some also. How much?

8. mikala06

mikala06 New Egg

Feb 19, 2017
    I'm interested in the lighter colored ones. White and spotted looking ones if available.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by