Black Orp Cockerel PIC

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BamaChicken, Mar 17, 2009.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    This is a young Roo who will be a year old the end of end of next month. Taterschickens owns him. He was hatched from my blacks last year and she half the hatch with a fellow who hatched them for her. He just gave her this roo back. He is very large and we are very excited about breeding some of the larger hens to him to reproduce size. He have very good type. He is in a very small pen here as she if working on a larger one to transfer him to. I am very excited about this.
    [​IMG]

2. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

He certainly looks like a whopper of a orp roo, however tough to see his coloring..

charlie

3. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Yeah, sorry about that. His color is awesome. He was hard to photo in that small pen. I will get better photos when he is moved.
    [​IMG]

4. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG Bamchicken!!!!!! I live like an hour from you in north Florida--no one on here is ever that close to me! [​IMG] Beautiful Rooster by the way!

5. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Really. I have never heard of Clarkville. What are you closed too?
    There is another fellow on here that goes by Cracker that live about two hrs away from me.

6. Orpington Poultry

Orpington Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    California
    Very Nice Julie. I would be excited as well, I bet the lady chickens are lining up. [​IMG]

7. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:It's really small---The closest on the map is Marianna Florida---I work in Malone just over the state line. [​IMG] You're so close I could actually pick eggs up!!

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Julie , He is nice, reminds me of my big black orp roo Hudson I hatched from you 2 summers ago. Here he is, this is Hudson.

[​IMG]

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Very nice! I love the blacks!

10. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks, I love the exhibition size Orps. I sold the roo I had and could kick myself for that. I have learned a lot from last year to this on breeding Orps.
    Marriana is less than an hr from my house. Maybe 35 min drive.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by