Black Orp Roos Slick and Willie no longer pen mates, Pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BamaChicken, Aug 22, 2008.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Don't know if you all remember my pics of these guys from about 6 weeks ago. Most of you liked Slick the best but I like the looks of Willie who was slower to mature. Of course he is only around 7 months now and still has some filling out to do. I sent Slick to live with Just Likes to Hatch my neighbor, sorta keeping him in the family. He is so typey but not as large as Willie in breadth or height.
    Here is Willie who would not pose at all. To busy scratching around in his new space.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is a large blue pullet hatched from my flock that lives at neighbors too. She is going to visit in the future when Charlie is matured. This is girl is almost 5 months and is really typey. Her lacing could be better but I think with the right Rooster she will produce some great chicks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Very nice!! I have a little roo from your eggs I want you to see. He is soooooo pretty and sweet. i have 2 very nice pullets, too. I forgot the camera today but I plan to photograph them this weekend.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They look awesome, Julie. Why can't you be my neighbor?! [​IMG]

4. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    MP, i can't wait to see pictures. I have had a lot very large pullets this year.
    I have saved a young blue cockerel out of the Blue Boy lineage. Can't wait to see how he turns out.
    Cynthia, it has been a blessing to have neighbors who want to help. It is almost like being able to have double stock. We can swap back and forth on what we want to hatch from.
    He bought a Large Sportsman in the Spring and came an said he was ready for some eggs. They took all three breeds and now have some at POL.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Keep us updated on that blue cockerel out of Blue Boy. I sometimes think about selling my Blue Orp quad, but I would miss Suede so much. He has a couple faults, but as you know, he is a wonderful guy, very sweet and smart and just an all-round great rooster. He has produced some great kids, too. I may not miss the girls, but I sure would miss my Suedenator. [​IMG] So, I'd love to see pics of that blue guy as he grows up.

6. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Yes, Willie is mighty fine. [​IMG]

7. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks HenMama
    Cynthia, I will. Blue Boy has a place here for the duration of his life. My nearly three year old grandson loves him. He calls him " Boo Boy" He is always out in the middle of the pens and coops calling Boo Boy and following him around. My DH loves Blue Boy too. He is a pet for sure. He has made some pretty offspring. He definitely has something to offer.
    [​IMG]

8. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Very handsome roo, and a darling grandson!!! I can't wait to have some of your orps!!!

9. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    The ones that are marked BBS will have Slick as the father. He was in with a blue and Splash pullet till he went to his new home. You will most likely hatch blues and blacks and a great possiblity of the Bama color.

10. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Awesome!! I am so excited!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by