1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Black Orpington BANTAM rooster in CA San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mthrclckr, Oct 16, 2008.

1. mthrclckr

mthrclckr Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area, CA
    I have a black Orpington bantam rooster (hatched January 28, 2008) for sale. Sorry, no hens to go with him.
    [​IMG]
    I'm told that his parent stock has done well at shows.

I also have two of his 5-week-old offspring (cockerels) for sale. They're very tame and not yet crowing.

Please reply here or e-mail me ([email protected]) if interested. Thanks!

-Naomi

2. TerrasCritters

TerrasCritters In a new coop

Oct 24, 2007
    He is handsome! I will pass on the word!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Oh he is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Where did you get him?

4. mthrclckr

Oct 4, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area, CA
    Gee, thanks!!! I hatched him from eggs that I got from Michelle Adkins. I hatched just him and his gal (the hen next to him in the photo) and it breaks my heart that I have to let him go... I know that Maude (the hen) will be sad, too [​IMG] .

The photo really doesn't do them justice. They glisten green in the sun.

-Naomi

5. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Hey I PMed you.

6. mthrclckr

Oct 4, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area, CA
    Hey, Korfus Kluckers... Thanks so much for your interest!!!

Well, that was FAST! Somebody fairly local to me e-mailed me and it looks as though Dozer and his two boys are going to a new home. If the sale falls through, I'll post back, but for now, "sale pending." Thanks, All!!!

Oh, I may post a photo of the boys here later. They're not really much to look at.

-Naomi

7. TerrasCritters

TerrasCritters In a new coop

Oct 24, 2007
    Yeay!! [​IMG] [​IMG] They are sooo cute!!

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    YAY!

9. mthrclckr

Oct 4, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area, CA
    Thanks All Ya's!!!

I'm absolutely touched that my babies are so wanted... I'll miss them when they're gone, but it makes me very happy that they're going to a wonderful new home. It turns out that they already have a beautiful flock of this breed but they wanted to diversify the gene pool. Dozer (the roo) will even have a pretty BLUE girl to woo [​IMG] .

So I took a whole bunch of photos of one of the 5-week-old boys, today. I'm only posting two. I'll have to figure out which chick was the other that was going to accompany him.

This is Boy #1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, thanks so much for all of the compliments on Dozer. I SO wish I could keep him, but when he started crowing at 6:00 this morning (in the completely dark garage) and caused the neighbor's dogs to start barking, I knew he had to go. He has a very beautiful-sounding crow, though. Husband doesn't care for ANY crowing, however. Especially in the house (we have no coop).

-Naomi

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by