Black rooster & white hen silkies = what color chicks?

OK I'm officially confused. The Subject line is asking what color the chicks would be from a black silkie X White Silkie but you say the chicks are white so you obviously know what color they are. ( though if you didnt already know what color they were there would be no way to tell you becuase you cant predict what you will get from breeding to white silkies.)

And there is no way to know the chances of you having pullets, I guess it would be 50 50 either way.

But emys somehow knows they are both boys ??????? emys were you the one that gave them to elliotts3 ? or how do you know they are boys? just wondering ???

And even if they were free, it would be nice to know if they were pullets or roos.

They are boys becuase they are gifts
wink.png
Emys was pulling your leg; I guess it worked
lol.png

I thinik the OP is asking if the chicks are sexlinked, and hte answer is NO.

Oh haha I get it now. They way it was written it sounded like emys was wanting to know why it mattered what they were if they were free.

I see now, yeah I guess if they were free it is most likely that somebody is trying to get rid of some roos but maybe they were nice people and gave pullets. And if the question was about if they would be sexlinked, then like the others said, not they wouldnt be.

Oops, this is what happens after working for 9 days straight without a day off! Yes, the chicks are white. If they have a black dad and white mom, would these white chicks more likely be pullets or roos given their mom is white. These chicks were given to me at 3 wks of age so it is too early to tell sex at that age, right?

Back
Top Bottom