Black Rosecomb Cockerel **found a wonderful home with Kryponiteqhs**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Msbear, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I have two cockerels Im trying to rehome. I think one is spoken for so that leaves one more. Click on my BYC page to see more pics.

[​IMG]
    You can see some of my rosecombs on this pic of my coop
    [​IMG]
    Here's a pic I took a few weeks ago.
    [​IMG]
    I was going to keep him but don't have the heart to re-home my original roo. I guess Im not going to be the culling, breeding to the standard professional I had once believed I would be [​IMG]

If your in the area and would like to start breeding these, I can hatch you out some pullets in the spring. or if you just want a roo-pet, these are great for that. I had posted another thread about one of the boys here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=109154

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  2. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    if this is the stalker your talking about.....ive been contimplating (wow i cant spell) for about 10 minutes now and i think i may want him.....i tell ya theres something wrong with me...but i cant help it....ill call ya in a little bit

edited to say that i just compared pics and see now that he isnt the stalker, but if he still has a sweet personality and isnt skittish ill still take him.....why not? right? how old is the little fellow....i remember them from when i picked up the cochins

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  3. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Yeah, they are both sweet. I want to make sure you know what you're getting into. I understand you have two coops -one for the standards and one for the bantams. If you put him in with your cochin bantys, they will cross breed and possibly fight so this may be a nightmare for you [​IMG] He'll need a couple hens of his own which we can get this spring but he'll need a warm coop this winter til then. Do you have a place in mind?

4. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    yes, i have a third coop that im not using....whats he like? if i get him ill get some hens from u this spring

edited to say that my little sister (the one that came with me to get the bantys) fell in love with the their pictures and what you said about them, shes into the chickens with me and i think it would be perfect for her. we pretty much share them all (even tho i pay lol) but because of their personality and their size i think that the rose combs could be "hers"

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  5. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    yeah, their like little toys:) in that they are tiny and have big personalities but they are game birds and need proper management. They are feisty little birds and need their own territory. Unless they are brought up together, the roos will fight (like most roosters) and will need their own free ranging yard or their own run as well as their own coop. Do you still have Delawares coming? And are you still getting the D'uccle roos and the buff ops? This guy cannot be housed with them. If they were just hens, that would be fine but these roos, especially the big ones will kill him. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  6. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    aww....no im not getting the d'uccle or buff orp....but the dellies are coming but they are going to live in the brooder in the basement for a while and then when older will live in a large dog run i have down there....i may be babying them too much, but i dont want them to be introduced to the outside right in the middle of winter...if we have anywarm days, i do have a fenced yard

7. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I got your message and sent you a pm. It looks like you've got it all organized [​IMG] I think you will love him to pieces! come on over whenever you're ready. And remember your delewares will need sunlight too. That is a very important part of raising healthy birds. Even if they are little you can stick them in a small run on the sunny side of the house (as long as it isn't freezing:) Even an hour or two will be beneficial.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by