Black Rosecombs *SOLD*post #10 pic of the most handsome roo:)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Msbear, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Price: $20 includes shipping charges.

Im hatching some rosecombs right now. They are healthy and active little boogers. I'll have 6 eggs ready to ship on Monday. I store my eggs in a cool cabinet in my mudroom and turn them daily. Im hoping I can send a couple shipments out before momma goes broody again. That seems to be what she does best. I do not expect payment until I have collected all 6 eggs.

This is a mother-son line and Im anticipating some beautiful babies from this pair.

Note: Line breeding in this way can improve your bloodlines quickly but you should be careful when crossing siblings. It is easy to come to a "dead end" meaning no more improvements can be made and flaws may become more pronounced. You can continue line breeding for quite a few generations before needing to outcross.

This means when you hatch further generations, you could put them back to the parents but should be selective if you put them back to eachother. There are a few Bycers on here that could explain this better I am sure.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  2. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Ok, I've got 6 already so Im sure I'll have a couple extras by Monday. any takers? I can throw a couple of my mottled cochin eggs as testers. I checked one for fertility and it was good but I couldn't bare to crack anymore. I have three in the bator and two are developing nicely on day 3. You can see the birds on my page.

edited to say: I just trimmed fluff two days ago so eggs I collect this weekend should all be fertile.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  3. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    hey....how much would you charge if I were to pick them up? PM me if you get a chance....

4. kayjuggler

kayjuggler Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2008
    Maryland
    Hi Msbear. Hope you find a good home for those little rosecombs. I e-mailed you last fall about your cochins. Those mottleds are adorable but I was hoping to get some of the columbians from you when they start laying. I would be happy to test hatch some of your mottled cochins with or without some columbians. Let me know when you might have an all cochin batch available. I check e-mail and pms so you can contact me either way in addition to posting here.[​IMG]

5. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:MsBear.... I would love get these....would you be interested in trading for another Christmas tree skirt??? Just thought I'd ask. If not, no problem.

6. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Sorry, Amy. I have no need for another skirt [​IMG]

Kaylee and Kayjuggler, Im pming you.

7. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    No problem, figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I will definitely want some of these in a month or so, though, if they are available.

8. sandypaws

sandypaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    desert of calif
    i would take them in a heartbeat.. BUT my incubator is giving me problems... would you ship chicks???

9. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    No, I really don't want to get into shipping chicks. Why don't you check out Missprissy's tag line about her homemade incubator. We made one and it costed us around $20. We did splurge on the wafer thermostat which was $20 as well but you can substitute an old hot water heater thermostat for super cheap.

Good luck and if you get cranking again, give me a pm.

10. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I have another batch I can send out... not sure I'll have anymore. These hens go broody quite often and Im going to try to save the next one for her if she wants them [​IMG] I've sent out two batches and both bycers have reported 6 out of 6 developing so buy with confidence.

Here's an updated pic of my roo. I took it about 5 min. ago [​IMG] You can see he's really filling out nicely.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by