Black runny poo

lindsey8980

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 7, 2014
Wylie texas
One or some of my chickens have black runny poop and have for a little while now. I'm not sure which one there free range in my back yard. There all acting very happy and active

I have seen that too. And although we have had lots of different illnesses, I believe it might be from not enough feed. I am a newbie though so I may be wrong.

My Rooster has black runny poo every now and then. Not to be gross but it comes in three's. Once he goes once, I know there are two more poo's of the same to follow. He's a pet and very spoiled and very healthy. I have always assumed it natural, kind of like diarrhea in humans. I asked my vet about it and he told me as long as it isn't happening ALL the time and he is eating and drinking and behaving normally, there isn't anything to worry about. I would keep and eye on them though. Are they eating more vegies than normal or have you changed their food? Anything new in their diet? Is their water clean? Just some things to consider.

My Rooster has black runny poo every now and then. Not to be gross but it comes in three's. Once he goes once, I know there are two more poo's of the same to follow. He's a pet and very spoiled and very healthy. I have always assumed it natural, kind of like diarrhea in humans. I asked my vet about it and he told me as long as it isn't happening ALL the time and he is eating and drinking and behaving normally, there isn't anything to worry about. I would keep and eye on them though. Are they eating more vegies than normal or have you changed their food? Anything new in their diet? Is their water clean? Just some things to consider.
Oooooh, i totallly agree with you!!!

I was raking out the pen when I saw one of the Australorps put out a squirt of poo rather than a solid one. If stress does this, could it be related to a low wattage red bulb I have had in their coop for a few days/nights? It was so cold I thought they would get frostbite, but did not turn it off in the day, either. My 4 hens were March chicks, are laying even in the changeable St. Louis weather without a night light...is this something I should expect from any chicken? I have 2 Buff Orpingtons, also. Do not know if anyone else is doing runny poo, tho. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom