Black Sex link aka Black Star

mossyoakpro

Songster
Jun 9, 2022
South Georgia
I have 3 flock mates that I'm guessing were hatched together that look nothing alike!! I was finally able to get some decent pics of them on their morning free ranging trip.

As you can notice "Sunny" is almost totally gold colored...she is named that because she is always the first to find a sunny spot and flop down in it with wings spread to soak up the rays. LOL

Betty is totally black with a green tint almost like an Australorp is supposed to be??

And Goldie Hen...is the typical color that pops up when you look at the breed on the hatchery sites.

They are all 3 veracious foragers and will eat anything they find...lizards, frogs, caterpillars is only a few things I have seen them get.

Anyone else have some odd colored BSL chickens? I'm just curious if I received the only oddballs!! LOL

Happy Memorial Day to all!!

Attachments

• Sunny.jpg
    Sunny.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Betty.jpg
    Betty.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Goldie.jpg
    Goldie.jpg
    883.2 KB · Views: 9
Where did you get them? Do you know what breeds their possible parents were?
They came from Ideal Poultry...according to their site the parents are a New Hampshire red male over a Barred Rock female. Either way they seem to be pretty unique!! Their temperament is completely different as well. Betty will get up in my lap on occasion Sunny will let me pick her up but really does not care for it and Goldie runs like her tails on fire if I attempt to pick her up.

Back
Top Bottom