Black sex link egg

two j farm

Crowing
5 Years
May 25, 2016
Louisiana
My Coop
My Coop
Ok I hatched some eggs I have one black sex link hen. I have one white leg horn rooster and one red EE rooster . When the eggs hatched all of the chicks are yellow but one chick is black with a little white on its chest. Is this black chick from my black sex link hen? She is the only black hen I have. All the other chickens are white or red.

Last edited:
Ok I hatched some eggs I have one black sex link hen. I have one white leg horn rooster and one red EE rooster . When the eggs hatched all of the chicks are yellow but one chick is black with a little white on its chest. Is this black chick from my black sex link hen? She is the only black hen I have. All the other chickens are white or red.

Probably but with white chickens it's hard to tell for sure, especially if the white chickens are not purebreds. White is pretty powerful and can cover up a lot of things, depending in what genetics make the white. There are different ways to make white genetically, which adds to the confusion. Often, not always but often, white chickens have black hiding under that white so lots of things are possible.

But my guess is that it is from your Black Sex Link hen and the red EE roster.

Back
Top Bottom