Black sex-link males

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by houseofclucks, Apr 27, 2008.

1. houseofclucks

houseofclucks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Hi all. Could someone please post a picture of a black sx-link rooster. I have never seen a full grown male and I heard they are pretty cool looking. And how are their personalities? I heard they could be pretty rotten. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Here is Sir Roo. He is my Black sex link rooster.
    [​IMG]
    He does a wonderful job with the girls and knows I'm head roo. He does challenge that once in a while but, I believe that is what you would find with any breed.

3. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Most of the sex link roosters are very pretty.

4. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Being a hybrid, the appearances will vary. They are dark barred like that photo and generally will have some wisps of red in their plumage.

As far as temperment, I don't find them offensive. Being hybrids, they will always grow faster than your purebreed cockrels. so, they do tend to jump to the lead of the flock pretty quickly (which could be seen as agressiveness to an untrained eye).

5. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Here's a photo of my Black Sex Link, Mr. Ed. He'll be 1 year old in early May.

[​IMG]

6. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

Here's my boy, Leif.

[​IMG]

He's attacked some of my family but has never even looked at me. I can do anything with him. [​IMG]

7. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, he's a beauty [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by