Black Sex Link Roo x Red Sex Link Hen= black legged chick. ***Update***Pictures!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Emptywagon2, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Emptywagon2

Emptywagon2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2011
    North East Texas
    I have been hatching eggs since Friday and woke this morning to a cutie pie in the bator. He/She is all black with black legs. Neither the Hen or Rooster has black legs but must carry the gene for them. What I am wondering is what breeds could have been used in the crosses of the parents to cause the black legs on the chick.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. Emptywagon2

Nov 20, 2011
    North East Texas
    Anyone? Also, his toes have yellow tips..he has white on the tips of his wings,& white on his stomach. This morning, I couldn't see the white on him because he hadn't fluffed up yet.

3. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

it could just be somthing in the background of the parents that showed up in this chick

4. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Most likely this bay is a girl. She got E-extended black from her father but not the barring gene,because hi has only one copie of it. Extended Black make the legs black, even boys can have dark legs.

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    pics of parents and chick?

6. Emptywagon2

Nov 20, 2011
    North East Texas
    [​IMG]Dad...( Could he possibly be a french Cuckoo Maran?) Not really sure what he is..just going by what I was told on here.
    [​IMG]Mom in front..[​IMG]Sorry..this is the best I
    have at the moment..only black chick.. I did a search online for images of french Cuckoo maran chicks..This little one looks just like some that are pictures.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by