Black Sexlinked Cochin Bantams

JacinLarkwell

Addict
Premium Feather Member
Mar 19, 2020
South-Eastern Montana
It was brought up a good idea to be making a thread for this project.

Goal: purebred Cochin bantams that are sexlinked.

I have a trio for my project (yes, not bread in case something happens, but they all had to be bought st run and that means about 50% were the wrong gender.

I have a pair of barred females and a black frizzled male

20210505_103207.jpg
20210505_103201.jpg
20210505_103153.jpg

Originally this project was going to have a blue male so that I had blue and black hens produced. However I'm beginning to think Welp sent black frizzles instead because I ordered seven and all seven were black. Only one appeared blue at first before feathering black

I decided to add frizzling as a way to maybe move along some more males I hatched.

I also learned a reason to not order frizzles from a hatchery. My one female that survived is also a frazzle. Her name is porridge, because she's just as tasty looking, lol.

She is obviously not going to he used for this project. She will instead be used in my self blue (Lavender) bantam Cochin pen as a split to maybe work on frizzles in that color. I have plans for a chicken saddle for her and in winter will live in the batchlor pen (males are in cages for breeding and housing, she will have a pen close to the hear lamp).

20210425_203903.jpg

I also learned a reason to not order frizzles from a hatchery. My one female that survived is also a frazzle. Her name is porridge, because she's just as tasty looking, lol.

She is obviously not going to he used for this project. She will instead be used in my self blue (Lavender) bantam Cochin pen as a split to maybe work on frizzles in that color. I have plans for a chicken saddle for her and in winter will live in the batchlor pen (males are in cages for breeding and housing, she will have a pen close to the hear lamp).

View attachment 2651045
(ee nice thing about using a frazzle though in a pen of normals is every single one of her offspring will be frizzled and none of the other chicks will so I will know exactly who's hers

(ee nice thing about using a frazzle though in a pen of normals is every single one of her offspring will be frizzled and none of the other chicks will so I will know exactly who's hers
Isn't there a chance that some of her chicks will be frazzled, though? Can't remember if I've read that somewhere before or not.

Isn't there a chance that some of her chicks will be frazzled, though? Can't remember if I've read that somewhere before or not.
There should not be. She has two dominant genes, normals have no dominant genes, so all her offspring should have one dominant and one not dominant, hence frizzling

Back
Top Bottom