Black Sexlinks?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chick1043, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    My black sexlink pullet has the personality of a rooster. I know it is a pullet because it has been sexed, 16 weeks, no saddle feathers, and should be crowing if it were a roo. So I was wondering if anyones black sexlink pullet/hen acts the same way. Thanks. (btw! No I don't mean mating kind of personality!)

2. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho

3. katdam

katdam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    texas
    i have had my BSL pullets for 3 days..they are about 3 months old (guessing)... and one of them is aggressive, bossy, whatever you want to call it! acts like a roo but not and she's the little one so i'm thinking she has little girl syndrome and is going to be the bully! first time with this breed so its going to be interesting!

4. henney penny

henney penny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    I have had and still do have black sex-links,they are aggresive to the other breeds.I also have golden comets which are the red sex-links and they are bossy to.These two breeds are at the top of the pecking oder in my coop of orpintons and EE`s.

5. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Really? My white rock is the top of pecking order in my coop. Okay I guess its just the breeds personality. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by