Black Silkie Cockeral Pics, Lil Peeps I took these this morn.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BamaChicken, Jul 3, 2008.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    This is my black silkie cockeral who will be a year old in NOv. He is a a character. His name is Dancing Dave. He puts on a show when you talk to him. I picked him up and put him in the grass to make his picture. His put on quite a show for me. Can't wait to see the chicks he produces.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry the lighting makes him look purple but he is not and in one pic looks like white streaky feathers. Just the lighting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Beautiful. I love silkies!!

3. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Beautiful Roo!!! I thought you might like to see the black hen I hatched from your eggs in December.
    [​IMG]

This hen also hatched from you eggs. She was partridge colored as a chick. What color would you call her?
    [​IMG]

4. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    They are all gorgeous! How old was he when he started to develop his comb? I have 5 silkies... all various ages under 4 months... I'm hoping I have one boy in the bunch...

I can't WAIT til they all fluff out like yours!! [​IMG]

5. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Featherfooted, Thanks for sharing that pullet pic. She is out of the Originals I had that got killed by and owl. The cockeral I have is out them too. I bought a replacement roo but he was blind. It took me a while to figure out why he wasn't acting normal. So I haven't had any black chicks from my hens since. On the one with multi color she came out of a Splash buff that was breed to a buff. She is out of great lines just must have been a throw back to someone getting the dark out of buff tails. Love that black though. I am probably going to sell my buffsplash hen although she is so sweet and very very typey.

KELLY: He was probably around 5 months when I was feeling it well enough to know he was a cockeral. He just recently started crowing. I have another one just a smaller version.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  6. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Bamachicken, these are the only ones I kept from the ones I hatched as I don't plan to breed them. The black one is named Mica and the other is named Tina(because her fro reminds me of Tina Turner's hair). I'll just be glad when they start laying.

7. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Mine are generally between 7 to 8 months when they start to lay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by