Black Silkie Pullet

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Bat Cave Silkies, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Available now is a 5 1/2mth old, non-bearded, black Silkie pullet. She is the offspring of Paint x Paint. Other breeders of Paints have bred these solid colored offspring, and have had them produce Paint chicks. So do they carry a Paint gene? I can't say for sure because I'm still in my first generation. She is not yet laying, but does "squat" when petted. Heavily feathered feet; full cushion and crest....this girl still has some filling out to do.

Cost of shipping is $60 which includes a new Horizon box. I line the bottom of the box with rubber shelf liner so that the bird can maintain it's footing. Watermelon is added to maintain hydration. She will be shipped on Monday, November 28th, weather permitting.

Payment is by PayPal only (unless prior arrangements have been made) within 24hrs of auctions end. Please do not bid unless you understand and accept the risks associated with shipping birds. I cannot offer a refund or replacement for shipped birds.

Bat Cave Silkies is a NPIP participant and AI certified; paperwork will be included with the shipment. All chicks receive the Mareks vaccine at hatch.

Prior to shipment, the bird will be bathed and free of parasites; nails and beak trimmed as needed.

Please PM me with any questions you may have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  2. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Beautiful pullet! She will produce 50% bearded when cross with a bearded male. Great type!!

3. Bat Cave Silkies

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Thanks Judy~~I do love her "type".....I just have such limited space to work with. Sure I've mentioned it on BYC before, but Silkies just don't do well on mountain slopes [​IMG]

4. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

She is too cute! Sandy, I am so glad I don't have the money or the room for anything that I haven't already bought. LOL

5. Bat Cave Silkies

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Hi Jessy~~you remember Maddie~~she was in the Morganton show [​IMG]

6. ScaredOfShadows

lol! I didn't go to Morganton today, just didn't feel up to tackling the traffic or getting up early. lol

7. Bat Cave Silkies

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    hmmm....you're slippin' Jessy.... Winston-Salem was today. Maddie was at the Morganton show, and so were you [​IMG]

8. ScaredOfShadows

Quote:LMFAO SEE SEE this is what I get for being sick and busy - [​IMG]

Oh and yes I remember, this is Maddie ? Awww if I had known you were gonna sell her I'd have taken her at Morganton if you offered! LMAO [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by