Black Silkie rooster wont mate with my Black Silkie hen?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chicken crazed 1o1, Apr 29, 2011.

1. chicken crazed 1o1

chicken crazed 1o1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Dugald , Manitoba
    A couple days ago I got a black silkie hen. I put her in my coop as as I put her on the ground my japenease bantam rooster wants mate her but my black silkie rooster doesnt. I would like to see what kind coulor of chicks that would hatch from my silkie rooster and hen . any info will be greatly appreciated :0

2. Sorin

Sorin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Glenfield, ny
    I'm sorry I can't offer any advice [​IMG] I just wanted to tell you I had the same issue once. Someone gave me a black Silkie Roo that did not want anything to do with the girls. I had to rehome him after 2 weeks because I had another Roo I didn't know about in my flock. But my friend I gave him to said the same thing. She had him for 4 months and had absolutely no interest in her hens, always hung out by himself. We called him Romeo the gay Roo!

3. chicken crazed 1o1

Mar 29, 2011
    Dugald , Manitoba
    Thats ok but thank you for the story . [​IMG]

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Is he young. Some males take longer to mature.

5. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    Maybe you need to take her to the hairdresser for a new "do" and then a sexy bikini wax....oh and don't forget the wine!

6. geosheets

geosheets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Is the japanese bantam roo in the same pen? Some of my silkie roos will keep to themselves if they are low in the pecking order and housed with other roos.

7. chicken crazed 1o1

Mar 29, 2011
    Dugald , Manitoba
    He is 2 years old and yes the japenease bantam rooster is in the same coop. And The black silkie rooster is the highest in pecking order . [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  8. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:There ya go...That is why he is not breeding. Remove him out of the pen by himself with only the blk silkie hen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by