Black Snake in Coop

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by tplummer, May 20, 2010.

1. tplummer

tplummer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    My husband released a black snake on Saturday that was hiding under a concrete block next to his shop. Well, it decided to come back. This time it made it's way into the coop to cool off. My daughter opened the door and stepped on my husband's little friend. She came yelling to me. The funny part is, is that I have an injured foot an could not get my shorts on fast enough, so I just ran out the door in my underwear. I was changing from jeans to shorts. Glad we live in the woods. LOL. He has not been back as of today. Maybe I scared him.

2. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    [​IMG] I bet you were a sight! I know about a DH and little black snakes; we were working in the yard yesterday and the chickens and I came across 2 of them. Knowing the chickens will go for just about anything, My DH hollered, "Don't let the chickens kill them!" I let him know these snakes were a little too big for a snack. I don't mind the snakes so much, but they have this uncanny way of just "appearing" out of nowhere and making me jump out of my socks. I HATE it when they do that! [​IMG]

3. tplummer

tplummer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    I am sure I did look funny. I agree with you. I don't mind them, just stay away from where I like to be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by