Black spot on roosters comb

Gaugedgun

Hatching
Sep 24, 2020
Hello everyone. A black spot popped up on my rooster and I was wondering if anyone knew what it could be. I was thinking it could be pox, however the spots not scabby and my rooster doesn’t show any other symptoms such as lack of appetite, not drinking water, secretion from the nose or swelled head.
FF849060-E97F-41BD-B288-D8369619FA52.jpeg

What's your weather like?

How old is he?

Have you had any respiratory disease in your flock?

What's your weather like?

How old is he?

Have you had any respiratory disease in your flock?
The weather is fair it’s been in the 70s mostly but had dropped to the high 50s one night. He’s 5 months old. No respiratory problems in the flock besides him (forgot to mention that earlier). He was wheezing a little when I checked on him yesterday, but only when I’d pick him up. Today he was standing by the water and drinking plenty but was also coughing every now and again.

Is he new to you or are any other of your birds fairly new to you?

Hello everyone. A black spot popped up on my rooster and I was wondering if anyone knew what it could be. I was thinking it could be pox, however the spots not scabby and my rooster doesn’t show any other symptoms such as lack of appetite, not drinking water, secretion from the nose or swelled head. View attachment 2346675
This happens to my roosters and they are always fine. From what I've found this just happens when they have a big comb and it doesn't get enough blood.

He hasn't been under any old equipment that's leaking old engine oil or grease has he ? did you try to wipe it off ? just brainstorming here .
No. I keep them in the run most of the time unless I’m out doing yard work and then I let them free range. I tried rubbing it a little but not hard. It was soft like the rest of the comb and nothing came off of it.

That would be a huge relief! Hoping it’s not a disease that could spread.

My White Leghorn rooster has a black spot on his comb in the same spot and he doesn’t act like it bothers him but if you touch it, it’s cold so I believe they don’t get enough blood in there comb where it grows so fast.

My White Leghorn rooster has a black spot on his comb in the same spot and he doesn’t act like it bothers him but if you touch it, it’s cold so I believe they don’t get enough blood in there comb where it grows so fast.
That has to be it because it hasn’t shown any symptoms of pox besides it’s wheezing. Thanks everyone for being so responsive.

Back
Top Bottom