Here_littlepeepeep

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2018
hey there!!! Life has been very busy recently and I haven’t been able to see the flock as much so today I got home and got to see everyone and noticed one of my blue laced W’s was standing sorta narrow stanced with her eyes closed and sleepy, sorta wobbly. She isn’t warmed up to people yet, but she was very sluggish when approached when normally she would scurry away. This seems sudden. What should I do? She had normal colored dripping with what seemed to me an abnormal amount of mucousy white, and she passed a large rock too! Piece of gravel! (She kept acting lethargic after it), has an interesting black spot on her beak that seems to have formed, it’s on her lower jaw in pic below. I’ll get a picture tomorrow. They are fed fermented scratch and peck grower feed, have a well ventilated coop are free range, all are 3.5 months old. thank you so much. I am worried.
Second question. I’m not sure what to look for with mites I’m a newbie. So here’s a picture of some weird spots on my Orpingtons tail?
7FCFCF81-28CA-4755-A5D5-5D6C6698490D.png
EB686A05-81F9-4468-BC51-4DC84A20CDF2.jpeg

Attachments

• 6755BAA9-E5DA-4635-BA77-044F79E596F1.png
    6755BAA9-E5DA-4635-BA77-044F79E596F1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
Putting your location in your profile is helpful so we can give you better suggestions.

What is your weather like - how hot has it been?
Can you post some photos of the poop?
Do you have a source of poultry grit (crushed granite) available free choice?
A better closeup photo of the black spot on the beak would be good.
Do you happen to have the nutritional label/analysis for your grower feed - if you do, can you post a photo of that?

The Wyandotte, I would make sure that she is drinking well, she may be dehydrated. Check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight.
If you have a vet, have a fecal float performed to check for coccidiosis and worms.

The spots on the BO's tail is what I call "smutting" there may be other terms used. It just color leakage in the feathers - nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom