Jkkell02

In the Brooder
Jan 20, 2019
Central Kentucky
My chicken has these two black spots on her wattle. Any idea what they are? If necessary, any remedies? I don’t know if it has anything to do with the winter time.

Attachments

• 988C2F88-39C2-4A07-A386-5298A564937F.png
    988C2F88-39C2-4A07-A386-5298A564937F.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
Looks like an injury of some kind. Maybe pecked by another, may have gotten the wattle caught on something, like fence wire. If it's open you can put some plain neosporin on it, or use veterycin wound spray. If it's drawing pecking from others then you can put some blu-kote on it. Otherwise I'd just leave it alone and let it heal up.

Looks like an injury of some kind. Maybe pecked by another, may have gotten the wattle caught on something, like fence wire. If it's open you can put some plain neosporin on it, or use veterycin wound spray. If it's drawing pecking from others then you can put some blu-kote on it. Otherwise I'd just leave it alone and let it heal up.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom