Black spots???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bobby d, Oct 6, 2010.

1. bobby d

bobby d Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    My young chickens which are about 6 mos old, are starting to get these black little spots on their combs and waddles. Can anyone tell me what this might be? Doesn't seem to be bothering anyone and my older chickens don't have any black spots. So I don't know if this is just a thing they go thru when their young or if they have a cold or....???? [​IMG]

2. linben

linben Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Sound like fowl pox which is easily spread by mosquitoes.

3. stoo

stoo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Are they pecking at each other? Maybe it is just scabs from pecking...not sure, maybe a close up pic would help.

4. bobby d

Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    I'll go take a pic and post it. It could be fowl pox cause we do have mosquitoes but my older chickens don't have any spots. Do I just let it take it's course or do I need to vaccinate? Let me go take a pic!!

5. bobby d

Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    [​IMG]

6. bobby d

Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    Oie!! Sorry it's a bad pic but with out gettin everyone all goofy in the pen that's the best I could do. He's my nosie roo. I call him Buddy!! You can see a couple of spots on his wattle and close to the back of his beak. So I'm at a loss here!?! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by