black star pullet with black tips on her comb

sneaton1

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 24, 2010
i just got a black star pullet and it looks like it has black tips on its comb. is this normal,it doesnt look scabby. it seems just like pigment

I'm no expert, but I think that's normal. My black sex link has black tips on her comb, too. They've been there since her comb started developing. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

thanks molly, i have a sick chicken and im trying to rule things out. she has had them since i got her and they seem to be normal. i just wanted to weed out fowl pox as a cause

No problem. Have you tried posting your fowl pox questions in the Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries and Cures thread? You'll probably have better luck over there.
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=10

My black sex link (17 weeks and a bit old) also has some black coloration on the tips of her comb. The first thing I thought of was frostbite but due to her age (and the weather we've been having) frostbite simply isn't possible. She's acting perfectly normal and is quite healthy (recently challenged the Top Pullet for Head of Pecking Order status!!) so she's not sick or anything else, not even remotely.

I am 100% certain now that she's just a little different
smile.png

Whitewater

Back
Top Bottom