1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Black stray..What breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by viktoriacl, Nov 14, 2010.

1. viktoriacl

viktoriacl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    There is a black chicken with irridecent green feathers. It has a red small comb(single I think) and red wattle in a V shape. She has black shiny legs slightly smaller than our 26week EE's any ideas? We are trying to catch her! She is loose in the small area of our backyard with woods.

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Maybe a Black Australorp? Here are some pictures of mine:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. iluvsedward

iluvsedward Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    hmmmm is she little? maybe a black bantam?

4. viktoriacl

viktoriacl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    She is smaller than my EE's but not tiny. She is blacker than the pics above and skinnier but other than that she looks very similar. Are their legs shiny black? Even the bottoms of her feet were black. Very pretty girl!

5. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Sounds like a BA...if she is on the loose maybe she just needs some good feeding to beef her up [​IMG]

6. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    Black sexlink maybe?

7. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I think it sounds like she's a Black Australorp... I have 3 of these, and they also have the irridescent green feathers so that may be what she is. Hopefully you can catch her. She'll lay a nice brown egg for you [​IMG]

8. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    She looks like a black australorp to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by