1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

black sx li nk

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jadude, Aug 24, 2008.

1. jadude

jadude Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    sc
    i want to get black sx link are tey good
    can someone post pics
    thx

2. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I don't have a pic handy but of all our chickens, these are my BF's favorites. They are friendly, stick close to home, and great layers. One of them usually gives us a double-yolker at least once a week. Would highly recommend them.

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    They are great layers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brown sex-links are good too!
    [​IMG]

4. lil' Okie

lil' Okie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2008
    Northeastern OKlahoma
    I like my girls I have three of them, wish i would have gotten more, they're some of my favorites.

[​IMG]

I just noticed the other day that the markings on her feathers kinda look like little hearts
    [​IMG]

Red sex link
    [​IMG]

my other black sex link
    [​IMG]

(Farmer Kitty your rooster is beautiful)

5. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Aww! I love how it looks like hearts in her feathers! Hope my little black sex link gets those! [​IMG]

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    My black sex link it jet black with green and purple sheen with just the hint of red feathers on her breast.

She is the most tame of all of my hens and loves to be held. She comes running when she sees me... of course my wife says that's cuz I am a chick magnet.

7. Ratbast

Ratbast New Egg

Aug 24, 2008
    Don't have any pics of my girls nut the one above are similar. I have five of them, two are mainly black with a little gold on the breast the other three are more black and gold like the one above. They are just over five months old and just started laying about a week ago. Love the little gals. Their friendly as I'll get out. They love to be pet and come running everytime I come around.

8. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    We have a Red star, Rita, she's awesome and really tiny, her HUGE eggs must be at least a quarter of her body weight! I worry about her sometimes, that hard workin' little gal... not sure about black stars, but probably about the same!

9. Hen Daddy

Hen Daddy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    Ok heres Squiddy again. She is quite a character.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by