Black Tailed Buff Marans Eggs - Wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Crockett, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Crockett

Crockett Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2009
    North Central - IA
    I am trying to find Black Tailed Buff Marans eggs or Chicks. Any ideas?

2. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Are you sure you do not mean Wheaten Marans? If so I think The Farmers Wife has them.

3. Crockett

Crockett Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2009
    North Central - IA
    No - Mean Black Tailed Buff Marans.

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:black tailed buff does not exist in the US I am not even sure if that is a color in the UK were Marans or from but if it is I am actually fairly certain that herechickchick is correct they are the same a wheaten Marans here in the US

5. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal
    There is such a creature as the Black-tailed Buff.

Also, Marans are not from the UK.

6. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    There are a few people working on this color variety, but I'm not aware of anyone actively selling them yet. A few BTB Marans were shown earlier this year at a show in Marietta, GA, I believe. There is a proposed color standard for them posted on the Marans Chicken Club's website, and a discussion of the color genetics that creates them is online somewhere.

7. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Quote:Good luck finding these. Its exciting to get involved with a new breed. You should join one of the marans clubs. They have some yahoo chat groups you can search for. But wear a helmet and safty gear when you go there... those people are brutal !!! I got beat up on my first post!!! and quickly unjoined. (whew and I thought show dog people were bad) But if there are black tailed buffs available you will find them there.

8. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Ok my bad Europe/ france and I guess I am wrong about the color thing to sorry [​IMG]

9. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Henry, how are you, dear? How is school? Have you posted somewhere about it?

Edited to add: Sorry for going off topic!

Peachick, boy am I sorry you got slammed. I so hesitate to post much on any breeder site as a newer breeder! People sure have strong feelings. I just looked at your website and your birds are beautiful. I held a sebbie baby last week and boy was he just precious and so soft.

Good luck finding your elusive colored Marans, OP!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  10. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Thanks Jenifer.

Sebbie babies are so precious. I have hatched a great variety of birds, but there is nothing as special as a baby goose.

As for the marans groups. OMG! I lurked for a few months. Then somone asked opinions on a specific breeder. My birds came from that breeder so I offered my opinion. Then some grumpy old fart starts yelling at me because I am not supposed to be promoting any one breeder because it is hurtful to the rest of the breeders..............what??!
    several people jumped in and defended me, but it was too late..... I was outta there!!

Sorry, back on topic. Id like to see photos of black tailed buff marans... and what breeds were used to develop them??

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by