Black Tailed Buff Marans Eggs - Wanted

Quote:
black tailed buff does not exist in the US I am not even sure if that is a color in the UK were Marans or from but if it is I am actually fairly certain that herechickchick is correct they are the same a wheaten Marans here in the US

There are a few people working on this color variety, but I'm not aware of anyone actively selling them yet. A few BTB Marans were shown earlier this year at a show in Marietta, GA, I believe. There is a proposed color standard for them posted on the Marans Chicken Club's website, and a discussion of the color genetics that creates them is online somewhere.

Quote:
Good luck finding these. Its exciting to get involved with a new breed. You should join one of the marans clubs. They have some yahoo chat groups you can search for. But wear a helmet and safty gear when you go there... those people are brutal !!! I got beat up on my first post!!! and quickly unjoined. (whew and I thought show dog people were bad) But if there are black tailed buffs available you will find them there.

Ok my bad Europe/ france and I guess I am wrong about the color thing to sorry
tongue.png

Quote:
Henry, how are you, dear? How is school? Have you posted somewhere about it?

Edited to add: Sorry for going off topic!

Peachick, boy am I sorry you got slammed. I so hesitate to post much on any breeder site as a newer breeder! People sure have strong feelings. I just looked at your website and your birds are beautiful. I held a sebbie baby last week and boy was he just precious and so soft.

Good luck finding your elusive colored Marans, OP!

Last edited:
Thanks Jenifer.

Sebbie babies are so precious. I have hatched a great variety of birds, but there is nothing as special as a baby goose.

As for the marans groups. OMG! I lurked for a few months. Then somone asked opinions on a specific breeder. My birds came from that breeder so I offered my opinion. Then some grumpy old fart starts yelling at me because I am not supposed to be promoting any one breeder because it is hurtful to the rest of the breeders..............what??!
several people jumped in and defended me, but it was too late..... I was outta there!!

Sorry, back on topic. Id like to see photos of black tailed buff marans... and what breeds were used to develop them??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom