Black Tailed Japanese?

sphillips

Songster
6 Years
Feb 18, 2013
New Mexico
Posted pics of these chicks when they were young, it was thought they were Black Breasted Japanese. Don't know at this point, they don't really look like they are developing any color at all. The picture is a bit blurry, didn't have help to hold them. The one in the picture I'm fairly sure is a hen, I have a second one that looks identical, but has a large red comb already, = rooster. These chicks are about 5 weeks old.
White Chick.jpg

Well, it may be a Japanese, but there isn't a color I know of that is Black Breasted. This one is either White, or Black Tailed White.
I am dumb. I meant black tailed. I also have a post on my OEGB which I thought were black breasted. Is there anyway to know what they will turn out to be? At what age can I expect to see color changes if there will be any? I do believe I have a breeding pair, which is super exciting! Just wondering what they could be. I got them out of the mixed bantam bin at TSC.

I am dumb. I meant black tailed. I also have a post on my OEGB which I thought were black breasted. Is there anyway to know what they will turn out to be? At what age can I expect to see color changes if there will be any? I do believe I have a breeding pair, which is super exciting! Just wondering what they could be. I got them out of the mixed bantam bin at TSC.
What is the name of the thread? I will check it out. OEGB are pretty easy to tell colors.

Back
Top Bottom