Black Tar Like Poop!!!

jaimslee4u

Songster
10 Years
Aug 11, 2009
Maine
Any ideas? Noticed a couple times in the run and now in the coop. Not as solid as regular stuff and literally looks as black as tar. I think I have narrowed it down to atleast one of two birds.

Wow I would have never thought that thier was a chicken poo page. Well it kind of looks like under the Oily & Foamy type the 2nd one down (left) and the very last one down on the right. The page says it's normal. Wierd!

What would make them do that?

I have been giving them a bit of oatmeal, tuna, & veggies, maybe that would do it.

Wierd! is right.

I have no idea.

Imp- I go with the poop flow
roll.png

I guess I won't worry too much about it. Everything else seems to be ok. I did give them some cabbage about a week or so ago, maybe that did it. Thanks for all your help!

I notice that wild chickens here that eat a lot of wild olives have very black tarry poop (all over my mom's porch!). Also, my own chicks, which are in a run and fed chick start & grow and other nice things produce slimy black stuff if they get hold of a big slug, or eat a lot of bugs. The kale or other leaves just make nice light green, dry poop.

Back
Top Bottom