Black True Pure Ameraucana , SOLD all extra eggs and chicks SORRY

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Shaffer, May 5, 2008.

1. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    I had a good hatch on my Black Amerauanas Large Fowl so have a few extra chicks for sale. Pick up only on the chicks. They are $6 each and must purchase a minimum of 4 chicks.

I also have some extra eggs for the next two weeks so I have a few dozen eggs possibly for sale. Price is $22.50 per dozen including shipping in continental USA only.
    PayPal payment for eggs only

SORRY, all the eggs are spoken for at this time and don't know if any more will be available for at least a month or so

SORRY, all my extra chicks have been sold also

NO ARAUCANAS LF AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME AND NO LAVENDERS AVAILABLE IN EITHER ARAUCANA OR AMERAUCANA LARGE FOWL

Thank you for reviewing this add

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  2. vicmower

vicmower Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    What color are thier eggs? Thanks

3. Shaffer

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Their eggs are blue to blue/green. There are no obvious greens eggs. Real Ameraucanas are suppose to be blue to blue green. Sometimes they are green but the breeder has to work on their color if such.
    THESE ARE NOT EASTER-EGGERS so you will not get the reject colors. Easter-eggers are mutts and have no standard for color or type. HS

4. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Do you have pics? I would love to see what they look like.

Marie

5. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    What does a lavender look like? When would you have some of those eggs?

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:I think Harry told me his connection is slow for uploading pics, so hopefully he wont mind me cutting in on his thread. Harry's bids are great. Here are a couple of pics of my birds that came from Harry, if you get eggs from him I think you will be more than pleased.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Oh they are pretty. I cant get any, I just wanted to see what they look like. Maybe later on down the road I could, but not now. But thanks for sharing your pics. You have lovely birds. I have some bantam buff ameraucana in the bator right now from hinkjc. I am very excited. Never had ameraucana before.

Marie

8. Shaffer

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Sara,
    Thank you for posting pictures. You are well aware how long it takes to download one of my pictures. I had 32 out of 38 eggs hatch from my old rooster Sunday and one broody adopted 20 of them for me. She is my older hen and last year raised about 18 chicks for me. All black Ameraucana LF from LC's rooster. I have all Lavender eggs in the incubator or I would not be offering any eggs right now. Thanks again, Sara

Sara, That cockerel is really nice. I think he will help you a lot. I still love his small comb, hope I can continue with that trait with his relatives.

Peruvian-Princess,
    Send me a pm and I will send my other email that I can send pictures on. Lavender is a recessive gene that is sometimes called self blue like the self blue Old English Bantams. A nice soft even color not laced like the common blue birds SHOULD be. Poorly colored common blues are pawned off sometimes as self blues. A Lavender when bred to a black gives you all black chicks carrying the hidden Lavender gene. The common blues gives you 50% blues and blacks. Harry

EGGS: I sold one dozen already. ? I do not know exactly when I will have another dozen available, maybe next Monday but soon I will be saving for myself and I need 4 dozen for my incubator. So contact me but I can't promise what I can sell after next week. HS

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  9. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    I have PMed you Shaffer! Hope to hear from you soon! If they are anything like I have seen on the web I know I will definately want some!

10. MikeJanet

MikeJanet Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2008
    SW Washington
    I realize this is somewhat unrelated - but couldn't help but ask.

I puchased Black Ameraucana hatching eggs from Cara at SilverPulletPoultry.com (colorado -wonderful seller), if anyone is interested her website says she sells eggs 12 for $30 shipping included and accepts payment via paypal.

Does anyone have any suggestions for sexing Black Ameraucana chicks? I now have six 4 1/2 wk old chicks - and I'll be darned if I can see any differences between boys & girls. They have peacombs so nothings really showing in that dept - it's drivning me nuts!! They are such nice birds though - couldn't be happier with my purchase and look forward to more in the years to come.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by