Black white egg laying bird with enormous comb?

cluckcluck42

Songster
10 Years
Oct 4, 2009
Quebec
I'm sorry I don't have a pic but I got some mixed hatching eggs and the black white egg laying birds were supposed to be Australorps. I saw them and they most definitely were not, someone lied to the poor guy. I'm just curious what breed it is because I like to be able to tell people as accurately as I can what breeds they are getting from me.

So, the bird was somewhat small but tall, slate legs if I recall correctly, white earlobes and white eggs, HUGE comb, I have never seen one so big before. I'm not even sure what that kind of comb is called but Absolutely Large would be a good name for it. I recall some kind of red thing on its face (not wattles).

Any ideas??

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Maybe a Black Minorca? That's a white layer.

From Welp:

STANDARD_MINORCA_BLACK.jpg

cluckcluck42

Songster
10 Years
Oct 4, 2009
Quebec
Definitely a minorca! And I didn't know anything about Australorps, I just knew that there wasn't one!! Thanks!

Bobby Joe

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 16, 2010
tupelo,ms
I bought 1 roo and 2 hens that were supposed to be blk aussies and they turned out to be blk minorcas too they lay perfect white eggs and alot of them I wished I had bought more of them. My roo is very attentive to all my hens and is very good at watching the sky for predators. I have 60 eggs in the incubator and 12 are from my blk minorcas cant wait to see how the chicks look.

Last edited:

Top Bottom