1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

One of my brothers has been diagnosed with it. [​IMG] This morning he is going to have it scraped/ burnt/ removed and a chemo treatment. Not only that but they are going thru the "you know what" to get to the bladder - It makes me hurt just thinking about it. Being the good little brother that I am I sent him a copy of the song by Frank Zappa "why does it hurt when I pee".

Please take moment and wish him well.

Thanks
    Steve

2. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Sending prayers for a successful procedure his way! (and crossing my legs, just thinking about it - yikes!)

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Prayers for a complete recovery for your brother.

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Prayers.

5. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Hey that's what younger siblings are for right? [​IMG] Hopefully you brought a smile to his face during a scary time for him. Prayers and healing thoughts to your brother.

6. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    Here's hoping everything goes well. [​IMG]

Not sure this is helpful to know or anything, but it might be....a friend of mine had bladder cancer, and they actually inoculated his bladder with tuberculosis as part of the cure.

The TB infection basically just SCORCHED the inside of his bladder, to the point that it began to slough off.. The sloughing took the cancer with it. Then they just had to cure the infection, which they did without too much trouble.

He's been cancer free for decades now. [​IMG]

7. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Caught early it's highly curable. Good for him for seeing about his symptoms early on. Wishing him...and you...the very best outcome. Prayers said!!

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Sending your brother my best wishes. [​IMG]

9. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Good luck to your brother - my dad has been dealing with bladder/kidney cancer for years. I hope he does great [​IMG]

10. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Steve, I'm sorry to hear this news. I hope they've caught it in its early stages! My thoughts are with him, you, and your families.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by