Blamed for my Hubbys Chicken addiction.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by columbiacritter, Sep 29, 2010.

1. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    He's flying back east to visit family and picking up two new roosters! His family thought we were crazy to go the the Ohio National Show last year, now they ae really going to think he's nuts. Even though they are all his birds his mom thinks it's my influence since he was city raised and I grew up around farm animals. She asked for no more pictures of him with chickens, but that's when he's smiling so those are the pics she's going to get.

2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Now I need to find myself a husband like that! [​IMG]

Have you explained to the relatives the incredibly addictive nature of chickens? Point them to some of the threads on here and they'll see he's not alone by a long shot. [​IMG]

Ahh, relatives. Why disapprove of something as great as chickens?

3. Tab's chicken obsession

Tab's chicken obsession Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    rome,ny
    No he definately is not alone with the chicken addiction. My husband is just as addicted, but when someone says anything he says it's all me. We've got an ongoing joke that I'm going to fill our barn with chickens since we bought an old dairy farm. Well saturday I'm getting 19 more to add to my flock of 42. A coworker couldn't keep his TSC reds so I told him I had room at my place for them and we are building our first pens in the cow barn. My husband just laughs at me and wonders if we're out of control.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by