1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Blanket for New Baby Hadassah (PIX)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by rebbetzin, May 7, 2011.

1. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    I am such a procrastinator!! Weeks ago, when I found out the baby was to be a girl for sure... I bought all the things needed to make this blanket. I finally put it together on Friday! The baby is now two weeks old! Better late than never I suppose!

I think it is cute, if I do say so my own self!
    It is a fleece fabric, nice and soft and warm.
    [​IMG]

And I found a perfect gift bag for it! Too bad the store didn't have hot pink and lime green tissue paper!

[​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

You make the most beautiful gifts! Your friends and family are so lucky!

[​IMG]

3. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Lovely! For a granddaughter I presume. Congrats!

4. rebbetzin

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Quote:No, for a new baby in the congregation. I got to attend her home birth!!

She is a big two weeks old now!!

[​IMG]

5. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    beautiful blanket for a beautiful baby!

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I really, honestly ALWAYS enjoy your posts. I have three, yes THREE grandsons due between Sept 5th and Oct 4th.

7. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Quote:Hmm wonder what the broody hens had to do with that......................

8. rebbetzin

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Quote:Oh my!! I find girl things so much easier to make. Though Joann's had some cute fabrics that would work for boys. I just like making "frilly, girly things" more. I do make things for the boys, but it takes me longer to come up with ideas.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Oh my!! I find girl things so much easier to make. Though Joann's had some cute fabrics that would work for boys. I just like making "frilly, girly things" more. I do make things for the boys, but it takes me longer to come up with ideas.

Not me. I was the last girl born in the family and I am pushing 50. I think I would be confused if they were girls.

10. rebbetzin

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ

Not me. I was the last girl born in the family and I am pushing 50. I think I would be confused if they were girls.

Next time I need some ideas, I know who to contact!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by