Blankets with ducklings

cheesechee

Chirping
May 20, 2021
This is my third time raising a group of ducklings. I've been looking for more convenient ways to clean after them and I heard of some people using towels. I have them on some old blankets right now and it is helping them walk a lot better (they were really wobbly, as they had a tough shipment). I'm wondering if there's any concern they eat loose threads or anything? Just anything bad I need to worry about? I lost my entire batch of ducklings last time due to heavy lead in my water so I'm very anxious about any possible harm coming to these ones.

I have used towels twice and had no issues. Of course if you see loose threads clip them. My ducklings were fascinated by the tags and I cut them off, just to be on the safe side. Make sure they have enough niacin in their diet to maintain leg strength! I wish you the best of luck with these guys.

I've used towels to soak up duckling messes, and it just was more of a hassle for me. I've used pine pellets, pine shavings, they just make messes no matter what. My latest batch of ducklings, I used puppy pee pads and then added a small layer of shavings on top. i just rolled up the whole mess when they needed housekeeping lol. It was still messy but for now its my favorite way.

Back
Top Bottom