bleaching? fungus?

henhouse1012

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2016
Hello everyone I am new to the group. I have a 1 year old buff that has a white growth or fungus overtaking the area behind her ear. Anyone have an idea what this actually could be? Noticed it a few weeks back and it hasn't seemed to changed much (not to aggressive) the other 10 hens i have show no signs of this. It doesn't bother her and she eats and drinks normally. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
[/IMG]

Welcome to BYC, Is it just the color on is it on her earlobe like you can scratch it off gently, because to me it just looks like she has a naturally light spot on her earlobe, I wouldn't be too worried about it, but if you can scratch/pick/brush it off then it probably is some sort of fungus, but I'm leaning more toward it just being a lighter colored spot a couple of my hens have that on their lobe but it is just a coloration issue.

Welcome to BYC, Is it just the color on is it on her earlobe like you can scratch it off gently, because to me it just looks like she has a naturally light spot on her earlobe, I wouldn't be too worried about it, but if you can scratch/pick/brush it off then it probably is some sort of fungus, but I'm leaning more toward it just being a lighter colored spot a couple of my hens have that on their lobe but it is just a coloration issue.

Thank you for the response, it is soft and almost like it is part of her. But, it was previously red like her comb and waddle.

It looks like part of her coloration - but, if you see the white spreading elsewhere like her face etc. it may be some type of fungus.

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom