bleeding foot...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by artsyrobin, Feb 19, 2011.

1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    not sure on this-i bathed my cochin banty, and she had what i thought was dry poo on her foot- so i was bathing her feet and it came off- now she is bleeding, put some neosporin on it, it kept bleeding so i put floor on it- any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Just stop the bleeding and keep it clean... with the Neo on it, it should heal just fine. [​IMG]

3. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Thanks!! the flour got it to stop bleeding, put her in her little coop- she is a house cochin, so am really not sure what she did- maybe pinched it or something- but she has a little coop in my studio- will cover the floor with a sheet if i let her out, just to make sure she doesn't reopen it-

[​IMG]

got her at a poultry swap last year, am not sure how old she is, but she has quit laying- and has a chronic gurgle- which is how she ended up inside

4. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    is it possible she scratched herself? her nails look waaaaaaay to long. seeing as she's a house chicken she has nothing to wear her nails down on, could you perhaps trim them down yourself? you can cut them back up to the 'quick' (you'll see a reddish pink line in the nail, that is the quick/ blood supply, dont cut into that cut just before it)

5. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    thanks spish- i put some nuskin on it, and will do her nails- it is very possible that is what happened

6. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    She's adorable, Robin. [​IMG]
    Poor little feather-footed birds tend to have leg issues, don't they? I had a similar thing happen with my Langshan rooster-not sure what it was, but felt sure it had to do with those fancy feathered feet. [​IMG]
    Hope she does OK. [​IMG]

7. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    here she is after her nail trim...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Quote:Gotta love that pic!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes