Bleeding mole thingy HELP!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by blue fire, Jan 5, 2010.

1. blue fire

blue fire Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    There is this wart thing on my dogs face and it has started bleeding. It looks red and irritated what is going on?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  2. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    It could just be a "wart thingy", or some kind of skin cancer. Old dog? White?
    My GP has a wart thingy on his lip. It comes and goes, and the vet said not to worry about it. I can't remember what it's called, but it's in the herpes family - a type of virus (non-contagious).

3. blue fire

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    it looks like it that side of his face is swollen. I am trying to get some pics

4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    What color was the moley/warty thingy before it began bleeding? How much bleeding? How long since you noticed?

5. blue fire

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Might have been the color of his skin, but now it is red. I just noticed this afternoon. It is not bleeding much anymore but it will start again if you touch it and the well..... whatever it is, is swollen. He is 10 or 11 years old. He has these wart things on other parts of his body and they seem to change color and shape, but not drastically. How do you think I should treat it ? I but some neosporin on it earlier, but I don't think it will help much.

6. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    It sounds like he could use a trip to the vet if you can get him there.

7. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Dogs (usually old ones) can get what they call "bleeding warts"... I rescued an ancient dog once that had a terrible one. You might want to take the dog to the vet and see if that is what your dog has and, if so, see if it can be removed. They only get bigger and grosser as the dog ages. The dog I had was too old and frail to have her wart removed and it was ultimately the reason we had to have her put to sleep. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  8. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Yea, if at all possible (maybe combine the visit w/vaccines or whatever other questions you may have) I'd have the dog seen by a vet to rule out anything you could do to prevent something serious. Hope all goes well!

9. blue fire

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    How much you think It would be to remove a wart?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by