bleeding vent

madchefskills

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 23, 2011
hi all,
HELP!!! my 8 month old freedom ranger Lucky is bleeding from her vent .A steady dripping and her vent is pulsing like she is trying to lay. She starting laying about four months ago but has never been a good layer .We didn't care she is more of a pet than a producer. it doesn't seem prolapsed it doesn't really even look swollen. I cleaned it up and it doesn't look like it is damaged although it might be swollen below the vent .Any ideas? I don't want her to suffer.

Can you get her in a warm water sitz bath and try to feel for an egg? How is she acting? I've been told that the sitz bath will sometimes help with a blocked egg.
caf.gif
I'm sure others will have better advice.....

I've isolated her in the cellar .When I brought her in she seems kind of weak and her comb looks kind of dry.do you mean i should insert my finger?

I put my index finger up to my second knuckle and didn't have any obstruction .It seems to me that her insides are spasming as she keeps trying to poop but only small amounts are coming out .I cleaned the area and put preperation H and honey .I tried to give her water with a dropper and she won't take it. It's not looking good . Should i put her down? If so what is the most humane way?

the bleeding has stopped but still a clearish liquid is leaking out and it seems that the area is spasming

Can you offer her some yogurt or apple juice. She may need the sugar for energy. If she isn't better, [at least drinking on her own] by morning and you don't want to vet her then yes I'd cull her. So sorry, but you don't want her to suffer.

I put my index finger up to my second knuckle and didn't have any obstruction .It seems to me that her insides are spasming as she keeps trying to poop but only small amounts are coming out .I cleaned the area and put preperation H and honey .I tried to give her water with a dropper and she won't take it. It's not looking good . Should i put her down? If so what is the most humane way?

thats what happened to my chicken. she did that one whole afternoon all hunched up and then she layed an egg. its not whats happening with your chicken because this has been longer than an afternoon but I'm just saying.

Back
Top Bottom